Our unique programs include:
- Dedicated inpatient services with adjacent facilities for consultative services that encompass hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, renal biopsy, immunosuppressive therapy, acute kidney injury, fluid and electrolyte disorders, kidney disease associated with pregnancy as well as a separate service for accute issues in ESRD patients.
- State-of-the-art kidney transplant unit with two dedicated nephrologists, one of whom has had additional specialized training in transplantation.
- Specializing in the treatment of high-risk patients including those with high antibody screens, HIV disease, and hepatitis C
- Steroid-free protocols and novel immunosuppressive protocols
- Access to one of the largest home peritoneal dialysis units in the state, offering state-of-the-art care to home dialysis patients.
- Kidney stone clinic geared to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of all types of kidney stones.
Additional special programs:
- Active basic research in the fields of diabetic nephropathy, anti-diuretic hormone, tubular sodium transport, and mechanisms of increased vascular reactivity in the field of hypertension.
- Outcomes research in renal risk factors for cardiovascular disease, hepatitis C and its prevalence and influence on survival of transplanted kidneys, immunosuppressive protocols in transplant in African Americans, and calcium and phosphorous metabolism in end stage kidney disease.
- Postgraduate training program for renal fellows.